Suburban or Denali XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bd1980

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chacho, tried pm'ing you back but my post count isn't high enough yet. If I decide to sell mine and buy another, I would like to see pics, Detroit is a little far of a drive for me but you never know, stranger things have happened, and that's right around what I'm looking to spend. Thanks for the offer!
On that note, I may have to try to sell mine outright and then buy, but I'm not looking forward to it, as mine is my DD. Dealers are trying to low ball me on mine and mine is worth a lot more than trade in value. The history is too nice and everything that I've done to it and maintained it, I simply refuse to just give it away to some stealer.
Thanks for all the replies guys!

PoppyDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm late to this thread but I we just got our Denali XL '03 about a month ago and I love it. Only has 275+k on it! Original driveline. Runs like a top. Once it warms up outside I'll start doing some work on it so it will be vacation ready this summer but my wife drives it to work everyday.

OP
OP
B

bd1980

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've come across a couple nice looking 2500's as well with the 6.0. The more I look at them, the more I like them. What do you guys think? I'm thinking everything will be more stout/reliable, 4l80, etc.? I know the mileage will be a little less but its not a huge concern for me, I justify it by not having payments and I'm already used to terrible mileage with my 5.7.
Thanks again.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if they're clean do it! I'd love to have a 2500!!

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chacho, tried pm'ing you back but my post count isn't high enough yet. If I decide to sell mine and buy another, I would like to see pics, Detroit is a little far of a drive for me but you never know, stranger things have happened, and that's right around what I'm looking to spend. Thanks for the offer!
On that note, I may have to try to sell mine outright and then buy, but I'm not looking forward to it, as mine is my DD. Dealers are trying to low ball me on mine and mine is worth a lot more than trade in value. The history is too nice and everything that I've done to it and maintained it, I simply refuse to just give it away to some stealer.
Thanks for all the replies guys!

Np man just lmk what you wanna do. I agree with you, don't give it away to the stealership lol. I'm just about to do some front end work on it and slap some new tires on it when finished. Ill pm you my # and if you wanna contact me I can send you some pics. Either way Gl on your decision.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... everything around 60-80k miles they want BIG money for like 18-20k range, it is just unreal. ....
You got that right! I bought my 2005 Yukon XL SLT/AutoRide 3 months ago. Had 63,000, loaded and the Stabilitrak transfer case (you know, the Stabilitrak/squiggly line/4 Low). Dealer asking $18,900. I slid a Cashiers Check for $18,000 across the table and he SLID IT BACK!!! TRUE! He said, yes...with 175K miles it would be cheaper! FYI - did a KBB on mine = $21,874 Retail! Paid the $18,900 but incl State Inspection (a BIG deal in Maryland where they'd flunk you if it needed a wash! LOL) and 60 day warranty. Added a 4 year bumper-to-bumper w/Loaner. Already had the O2 replaced & Drivers seat fixed = $0.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts