Suede door panel accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
in money? maybe $50-75 bucks. in time? who knows, never did it before. i dont mind spending hours on something if im doing it right and it looks good.

you wanna do yours too?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
my PB is back but theres not much more in the way of pictures of suede
I'll see what I can find though...
and as for time it takes about a half hour to do the top part, and maybe a little less to do the carpet

IMG_8199.jpg

06-28-09_2039-1.jpg

06-28-09_2011.jpg

06-28-09_2020.jpg

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome, post any others you come across. does the suede lay flat and smooth on the carpet?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
thats about it for the suede pictures unless you want me to take some of what it looks like currently..

yeah I was talking to Meade about it and he said to take the carpet off because he did that to the EXT he put croc in and he said it was a *****.. I just left it on because its more padding but yeah it lays flat. the tricky part is finding somewhere to tuck the edge thats why its really important you cut as close to the edge as possible with a VERY SHARP razor

Raja_the_one

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141110
there ya go...

on my door I left it on to do the top part, for the carpet I took it off and masked everything off..

second time I did it on my buddies left the door panel on but still masked off the rest of the door of course..
img8020p.jpg

theres his turned out WAY better than mine but then again I had practice

what do you mean?
over spray? or if you decide you don't like it once its dry and want it off?

over spray just use some paint thinner and rub it off doesn't take much if its wet still

didn't have a picture when I posted so I just took one lol
img8484.jpg

still have no clue what its called but try calling that number see if they have one its definitely one of those tools I'm glad I had around
Guys, try this link below if you are looking for this tool.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95532

rgaffney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been thinking about doing this, but im wondering how difficult it would be

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
Guys, try this link below if you are looking for this tool.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95532
that could work as long as its nylon it won't harm anything

your buddies came out pretty good..Is that tool useful to install the suede??
Yes! VERY helpful without it I would be using a screwdriver which could ruin the panel or possibly rip the suede..

you have to keep in mind that on both my buddies and my tahoe the top part isn't glued so the way the suede stays in is by tucking enough in the groove for it to hold

ive been thinking about doing this, but im wondering how difficult it would be
just patience.. I would look at GM Full Size and start to do it and if theres a part you get stuck on.. stop.. post it up here and I'll walk you through it I've got enough practice with it I know how it should go

rgaffney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
word ill get to playin around with this and post up any trouble i have. much appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le frog