Suggestion for Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had this hoe for about a year now and all I have done is the 2" lift and added the wheels and tires. It does have true dual exhaust already. I am in the process of building a custom rear swing gate tire carrier so I can move the spare out of the back. I am thinking of adding a grill guard but also like the look of the pre-runner guard as well. Looking for any advice or pics on mods for engine, suspension, tires, to whatever. I would much appreciate the suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG00037-20101023-1106.jpg
    IMG00037-20101023-1106.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG00050-20100704-0805.jpg
    IMG00050-20100704-0805.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I have installed a program into the CPU. I have thought about headers, but not sure the best to go with. I would like to stick with something that offers good performance for a good price. I have a set of westin chrome step bars, but took them off. Haven't decided whether to put them back on or not.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good drel21. How did you get 2" of lift? Body lift, suspension lift or rear lift blocks and torsion bar cranking? I am looking to run the same tires as you (295/75/16) and I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to do to lift my currently stock Yukon.

I like the grille guards and think yours would look sweet with one on. I recently got a rear tire carrier that slides into my receiver hitch, and folds down instead of away. I like it, looks good, but is also removeable for when I change my mind. Just an idea.

OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my lift is 2" blocks in rear and new keys for torsion bars. Though about getting one of those tire carriers, building mine so it looks like it came stock. Keeping the original bumper and the mounts for the carrier are actually behind the bumper and bolted to the frame with pivot point coming through the top of bumper.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you bought keys?? I'm not going to say anything

A real suspension lift is an option or a body lift to get it up a little taller.

OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey dueschbag I ask for suggestions, not smart ass comments. Yes keys. In the beginning I wasn't looking to go big so I went with something that I could fit larger tires and the keys came with the blocks. Things are different now so that is why I am asking for suggestions.

95slowhoe

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your rear tire carrier? Ive been looking at getting one or building my own off the oem bumper.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a S/C and be done, there is one forsale in the classifieds section.

ff40

Pretty neat little project you got going on there.