Suggestion for Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
96procomptahoe I would definitely be interested in the guard. Just let me know what your asking and I can take care shipping. I live in Texas. I appreciate both messages bowtiefreak. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I apologize for my rudeness. Your right, that would be a almost perfect setup, but unfortunately I didn't win the lottery today. I can't really decide if I just want to spend the money on a suspension lift or put it towards motor and drive train upgrades. I like the size of my tires and don't really think I need much bigger. Could I get away with a 2" body lift and be able to hide the frame fairly well and have the bumper and trailer hitch still line up with the body? If I go with motor and drive train what are some good upgrades that yall would recommend? For now I have CAI, Power Programmer and true duals.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Do the stock three rivers drive shaft hold up alright or one of the weak points in the drive train?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 2" body lift can be "hidden" by painting the frame a semigloss black along with the wheel wells and get some gap gaurds or make some. Side steps also help.

As for the driveshaft, it's not the weak point. our 10 bolt rears with typically go before the shaft so long as the U joints are in good shape. I run a tom woods shaft but I have a good bit of lift in teh back for a two door and the stock shaft needed to be lengthened so I took the time to get the CV shaft....that was a BIG learning curve in regards to matching the U joint angles 6th set up worked perfect.

Here's a picture of the painetd frame and wheel wells. I do it every spring. srub the frame with a wire brush to get to lose crap off then with dish soap and a stiff bristle brush scrub the frame and wells, when dry I sprayed the wells and bdrushed the frame, rear, gas tank skid plate, leafs and so on.
Truck4-18-09010.jpg

Last edited:

95slowhoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I never thought about using an axle spindle. I was just going to weld a bolt in place, but the spindle sounds like a better idea.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can still get a blower GUYS!

Spending more money then your ride is worth, is an understatement. There is going to come a point and time where these little things here and there add up and BAMM you got more money then the rde is worth. In reality who cares. I can drive a decent amount of cars out there on the road. I wouldn't even think about anything else until she is completed which will never happen, LOL. But after the blower she will not see DD duties. My truck was bought on a budget, built on a budget, not gonna let someone steal her from me! Plus all the looks and compliments I get justify everything I've done to get to get her where I am at today.

Please sell your programmer and get a Black Bear Tune, that thing is ride changer!

Best intake for our trucks is made by Volant, 4" Collector (biggest out of all them) and HAS a SEALED box that hookes up the inner fender like OEM intakes. Most aftermarket intakes for our truck have an open box when soaks up hot air from the engine aka heat soak and hurts performance capabilites. If you can't afford a Volant, then just buy a drop in K&N. Also get a Janzer TB, another game changer, I needed a few days to get use to the take off on this truck if I didn't feather the pedal right from a stop!

ff40

Last edited:

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with falcon except on the throttle boday thing. They dont work for our trucks but to his his own. Im looking to get black bear tuned soon.

OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks guys and gals for all the ideas. I have a lot to look into. I'm trying to build on a budget, but I'm sure that will be blown out of the water. Who makes a good set of gears and headers for our rides? I like the idea of a new TB. I am going to look into the Volant CAI as well. Thanks for the pics bowtiefreak, not that noticeable. I have a set of step bars that are chrome, but I'm thinking black will look better. May help hide the frame a little better being the same color, or I guess it could make it stand out more.