SuperChips or other Programmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChazMan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on those things on your 6.0L Vortec?
I had a REALLY good experience with SuperChips programmer that I used on my Dodge truck with 4.7L. MPG shot up from 17 to 20 MPG on hwy, and the low end torque improved noticeably. But before I shall out another $340 for my 6.0L Escalade, I want to know what others say.

Any noticeable increase in MPG or power/torque?
Recommend any particular brand programmer?
Any side affect problem like knocking, check engine light, etc on the truck?

OP
OP
ChazMan

ChazMan

Reaction score
get a Black Bear tune. much cheaper and better results. they are a sponsor here.

I briefly read their website and it sounds like their speicalty is "custom tuning" which makes much more specific and efficient than the generics.
Are they recalibriating the existing factory ECU or their own new ECU? Also, if I take my truck to their shop in San Diego (about 2 hrs away from me), can they do it right there?

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
I assume they could tune your truck if you pay them a visit. But like I mentioned, thats an assumption. Its a custom tune, meaning its tuned to what mods you how your truck runs. You also get free re-tunes in the future should you ever add anymore mods to your truck. Check out their website, send them a email.

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
They can do a street tune in SD, but the shop is in Temecula if you want a dyno tune. It's worth the trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100