suspension lower on left side???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08mericxldenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello guys, I just noticed and don't know if it is normal or not but my 08 denali looks lower on the rear drivers side. Is it normal? ive checked pages stating it is due to the gas tank being on that side but I don't see that on some denalis ive seen on the streets. Measured and it is close to 3/4-1" difference between sides. I also checked suspension components and all looks normal to me. Don't think it is air ride related since the height of the truck is set by the springs am I right? Any help is appreciated!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The air ride senses when there is added weight at the rear and pumps up to maintain ride height and ride quality. Does not sound like the left rear shock is working properly or you do have a spring problem, maybe. Is the front even?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's normal unless it's more than a half inch. It's annoying and you can fix it with some added rubber spring seats or a spacer. But even that is hit or miss. Yes some don't seem to have it and I bet there are times when your truck sits perfectly level also just can't notice it because your in it. I think we all have experienced it. Look up Cali lean or Chevy lean I forget which but you will see a lot of posts.

Fat girl on the passenger side fixes it also.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
normal. I have a trick to bring the pass side rear down to match driver side rear which in turn also lifts left front up a little PM me

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So that is normal? That's just wrong. If is the norm then there should be a fool proof way to fix so doesn't stay normal.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ll the trucks lean. google gm lean

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I have heard of it but his amount seems excessive. Should be a fix that is easy. IMO.

OP
OP

08mericxldenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The air ride senses when there is added weight at the rear and pumps up to maintain ride height and ride quality. Does not sound like the left rear shock is working properly or you do have a spring problem, maybe. Is the front even?

The front is even. it doesn't matter if its running or not and the drivers side in the back is lower.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

It's normal unless it's more than a half inch. It's annoying and you can fix it with some added rubber spring seats or a spacer. But even that is hit or miss. Yes some don't seem to have it and I bet there are times when your truck sits perfectly level also just can't notice it because your in it. I think we all have experienced it. Look up Cali lean or Chevy lean I forget which but you will see a lot of posts.

Fat girl on the passenger side fixes it also.

Yes its pretty annoying. ill check those post for more info thanks

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

normal. I have a trick to bring the pass side rear down to match driver side rear which in turn also lifts left front up a little PM me

PM sent

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 08 Denali is exactly ½" higher on the passenger side. I even measured it at the frame and it's still ½" so it's suspension related and not body mounts. The front is an easy fix, just take another ring off the strut but the rear is going to be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52