Swap Diesel drivetrain into gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't swap a 6.5TD into anything, but for $250 you could make a decent profit parting it out in your spare time and then scraping the rest.[/QUOTE]

I agree the 6.5TD is crap! not that the op was asking about this but if your stuck on doing a diesel just put a cummins 6 in it and call it a day! then it will be a beast!

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the 4L80E will swap in, you'll have to do some research.

it was a 1500

IMO I wouldn't swap a 6.5TD into anything, but for $250 you could make a decent profit parting it out in your spare time and then scraping the rest.

+2, well said. 6.5TDs were poop to begin with. And those diesels were only 1500 not 2500s....

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I dont think he picked it up... If i was closer i woulda gotten it a long ass time ago:(

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, fix and flip the diesel and make some serious coin. I rather have a Chevy Diesel over a Ford Diesel. Dodge makes the best diesel. From the serious amount of money then can be had for that 2 door you can build a stout set-up for your Tahoe and have money left over.

4L80e is not a direct swap. You will need to do some wiring and push back your crossmemeber to fit the bigger transmission and get a custom driveshaft made or get a driveshaft from an OBS that came with a 4L80e. You will need to get your truck tuned as well.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I dont think he wants to listen to our logic. I dont get why you wouldnt repair the 2dr.... For one its a 2dr n for 2 its diesel....

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this guy needs to call me and I will get shipping quotes to here on long island. And ig I get the deal I will send him $50 finders fee.

six31$707$0797
jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut