Tahoe 2010 with CAI & Magnaflow Help !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tahoe2010

Reaction score
If the battery cable is not unplugged or the o-ring is not swapped out your kit will through a check light did you get the problem fixed?
there is no check engine light pop up
also i double check the MAF plug is OK and i reset the battery

but still have a same problem on idle RPM

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain the o-ring? Are you referencing the seal that attached to the end of the tube then to the motor?

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is no check engine light pop up
also i double check the MAF plug is OK and i reset the battery

but still have a same problem on idle RPM

PM me your address Ill send a new duct out to you

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Can you explain the o-ring? Are you referencing the seal that attached to the end of the tube then to the motor?

No that is the throttle body grommet, When you remove your sensor on the 09-10 there is a red rubber ring that seals the sensor to the tube this gets replaced with the volant one

OP
OP
T

tahoe2010

Reaction score
PM me your address Ill send a new duct out to you

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

No that is the throttle body grommet, When you remove your sensor on the 09-10 there is a red rubber ring that seals the sensor to the tube this gets replaced with the volant one

PM sent

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any mention of this o-ring in the instructions that shipped with the cai.

PM sent regarding how to get one.

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant1 is on the case now, but it is definatley a MAF issue. I am surprised a reset did not fix it. Are you sure that the MAF was not damaged when it was taken off and reinstalled?? Just checking because if that little sensor in there got damaged that would most certianly cause the problem you speak of. Rather surprised that there is no CEL though.

OP
OP
T

tahoe2010

Reaction score
Volant1 is on the case now, but it is definatley a MAF issue. I am surprised a reset did not fix it. Are you sure that the MAF was not damaged when it was taken off and reinstalled?? Just checking because if that little sensor in there got damaged that would most certianly cause the problem you speak of. Rather surprised that there is no CEL though.

i'm sure the MAF is perfect and the wire is ok

OP
OP
T

tahoe2010

Reaction score
Nope, that is not the problem either.

Check that sound (Tuner)
nah, that's fine then...

I checked the instructions before too... yours doesn't have it...

it must have that new "power core" filter... the one that looks like a bunch of plastic straws stuck together lol...

have seen others with that new power core filter have the similar issue like you... but they're ltft's weren't THAT low... they were only down to like -14...

so, you are probably fine judging by others I've seen and that powercore filter track record...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buukum