Tahoe Constraints 2/3/22 - looks the same

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For reference, I have a Duramax Denali on order, with Premium Package and Air Suspension. Dealer just called me today that the Air Suspension and max trailering package (which is part of Premium) are on constraint. If I skip those two, then my Denali could go into production right now.
Well, more like it could go to production a month from now, but yes, this.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Well, more like it could go to production a month from now, but yes, this.

Right - I meant they can actually get it accepted right now, obviously actual production would be some time off but a least would be moving forward. Since I don’t want to give up on any of the options I’m going to be sitting in 1100 for the foreseeable future…

Crzylgs

Reaction score
My dealer is either handicapped or doesn't want to share. I can never get any straight information from them. Any chance you could get it from yours?
My dealer doesn't share any information at all either. They are appalled that I don't trust in their abilities.

I had a heck of a time getting the details of my order from them as well. I finally talked them into sending to verify they input the choices correctly and of course they missed an option. It really is unreal sometimes.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we're in a "new world" with dealers shifting towards ordering and selling a vehicle in 3 months (if we're lucky) vs having the inventory to make a sale today. seems a lot of these dealers don't know how to handle the customer expectations with ordering

Crzylgs

Reaction score
we're in a "new world" with dealers shifting towards ordering and selling a vehicle in 3 months (if we're lucky) vs having the inventory to make a sale today. seems a lot of these dealers don't know how to handle the customer expectations with ordering
So true. It is crazy to me that they want to hide what they ordered for me though. That seems like information that I have the right to see. Better to correct at that time then have it arrive wrong. Then again they probably don't care because the next person that comes in will probably take it anyways.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Officially, you and I are not GM's "customer" yet. The order is produced and charged to the dealer code that placed the order. It is a cold calculated process that has never been friendly in any way shape or form. Customers were never this involved with the inner workings when an ordered unit took only 6 weeks to get.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree to an extent. Seems odd that a dealer isn’t allowed to move forward with an order that doesn’t have any current constraints with it. If a dealer can pre-sell a vehicle, you’d think they’d allow that order to move in line. Maybe it takes a few extra weeks or a month but there are probably quite a few people who have orders that are multiple months old that still haven’t been accepted for production, and it’s because of the allocations not constraints.

as far as the process three years ago, all I know is that I’d have to think about it a while to see if I can come up with a name of someone that had ordered a vehicle

nick2665

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So true. It is crazy to me that they want to hide what they ordered for me though. That seems like information that I have the right to see. Better to correct at that time then have it arrive wrong. Then again they probably don't care because the next person that comes in will probably take it anyways.
This is what you want to avoid. We ordered a Summit White Z71 from our local dealer back in mid-November. Our order was allocated rather quickly and was built the week of 1/10. The salesman called last Monday to let me know that our Tahoe arrived but was Auburn Metallic instead of Summit White. He blamed the screwup on Chevrolet and claims the dealer put in the order correctly (which we don’t believe). He was also sure to mention that he had somebody else in line to buy it if we didn’t want it. They claim we are back to the top of the list but Z71 trim appears to be in short supply now. We’re pretty upset with the process at this point.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Family owned GM dealership for 33 years. Only ONCE did we have the factory mis paint an order and even then they got it half right when they two toned it instead of a solid color. I call B.S. on the dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM