Tahoe dies if barely moving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
For the past three weeks, it's been one thing after the other with the truck. It all started a few weeks ago on my way to school. I was driving along, through a school zone, and all of this sudden, my truck starts beeping & dinging, then I notice the DIC... "Stabilitrak OFF" > "Traction Control OFF" > "SERVICE STABILITRAK SOON" > "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" popping up in my DIC. I floored it at it would only go to like 1500RPM & like 10 mph... So I pulled off the road, turned the truck on & off 8 times, until finally the messages didn't pop up anymore... The check engine light was still on, but I didn't want to be late... After I left school, I went and got gas, and the CEL went off, and so I forgot about it... The truck has drove funny ever-since... And the day before this happened, I was driving across the parking lot at school, and my car quits... Which is very embarrassing by the way... When leaving school that evening, it quit again. After I got gas, it stopped shutting off, but it still idles rough... Today, it quit twice in the parking lot before I even got to the road... Something has to be done at this point... Anyone else had problems of this sort? If so what could the problem be? I'm taking it to my stealership sometime near the end of the week, so what can I expect?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Damn that sucks bro thats why i dont like new cars because any little sensor will cause the whole truck to go into stupid mode n cut out and run like shit. Im pretty sure its gonna be a sensor but i have a perdy n dumb hoe so wouldnt know which it could be

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds similar when my fuel pump went out. Did you get the CELs read? Also did you ever have a hard time starting it? BTW these fuel pumps do not like operating at low fuel levels (<1/4 tank) especially during hot weather. This damages the pump over time.

Let us know what your mechanic finds out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Well on my way home from school earlier, the thing died on me again... Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control, Engine Power reduced, etc... Today has already been a bad day, so I left it on the side of the road and got my friend to bring me home.... But, I just had my mechanic go & get it and bring it to my house, he ran diagnostic on it, and came back with P2135. Not sure if this is related, but it's been rattling when I turn it off, something makes a noise from underneath the "Vortec" plastic piece thingy on top of my engine... But anyone have this problem? What's the part number that I need? My mechanic laughed and said that I had "stomped the sensor outta the poor throttle" lol...

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start by cleaning out the throttle body. If that doesn't work you may need a new TB.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks. Pick up a used throttle body off ebay from a reputable seller, save you a few hundred from the $400-500 the dealer probably wants.

Here's one for example, there are probably others. I bought a used TB for my Tahoe off ebay for $40 to port with a Dremel (still had my stock one in case I ruined it), swapped it in and it hasn't missed a beat in 3+ years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1