Tahoe dies if barely moving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Try cleaning it first

I guess I could try that first... I'll talk to my mechanic and see if he'll clean it for me... I'm mechanically ignorant, so I'm sure I'd mess it up somehow, lol.

Do you have the 3 bolt or 4 bolt throttle body (the number of bolts holding it on)?

I have no clue, I don't know how to see that. The only thing I know how to do under the hood is check my oil, add oil, and add windshield washer fluid, lol.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd have to take the engine cover off, or just lift it up, to see for sure. Not sure how to remove it on yours, but my 03 is just an 8mm bolt on top. But the TB is easy to clean or replace.

If you need help or steps, post up and I'll reply back tomorrow when I'm not on my phone.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would clean yours first. Takes 5 minutes and costs $5 for a can of TB cleaner at O'reillys. Unscrew the plastic intake tube, turn the key to run with the engine OFF and have a friend floor the pedal, that should open the tb, and spray away at the blade and inside housing. See if the blade opens smoothly as your friend eases on and off the gas. Let it sit for a few minutes for the cleaner to dry up. The truck may take a few times to fire up because of the cleaner, but don't worry about it.

But no, you don't need anything but the TB from amazon. The gasket is reusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1