Tailgating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those trac vision slm lines are about 2K for the dish alone.. id love to have one also.. i got one of the folding tripods and a tailgate style dish.. a more compact setup would be nice but htis gets the job done and was $100 vs 2500.. ill deal with the issues.. i also use the setup for our camper..

small gen is all you need unless you have a high draw stereo.. i wouldnt run my stereo off the inverter thats for sure.. no clue what my setup draws.. then again it doesnt matter.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i know the guy that owns a house next to our fav Bar.. and made frineds with him years ago.. been tailgating there for years now.. we plug into the house.. he has an acre in the back yard all under huge oak trees.. and thats where i tailgate.. he sells spots to people.. i have had the same spot for 6 years now. well actually 3 spots.. but never the less.. i plug my extension cord into the house and have endless power..

if you are lookign for a power solution.. you can get 3-4 group 29 (the large) marine deep cycles. and a good inverter. some 0 gauge.. and link the bats, uncle gets about 5 hours of tv time out of 3 and powering the sat box.. i think he has like a 26-30" led.. he bought a Honda 1000 last year on thanksgiving sale. thats another thought..

for $130 you cant beat the little Harbor Freight gens..here
uncle used to have one it does fine for a tv and sat box.. Suggestion. if you get it.. rig a dual tank setup to a 3gallon tank as with the higher draw it burns more fuel and running out of power and resetting the sat box in the middle of a big play is never good.. we used one for a while at unchles tailgate.. but he upgraded to a Honda 1000. plus they are small

Are those quiet enough for tailgates? $130 is awesome, and the gas/oil mix doesn't bother me too much.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is plenty for a tv and sat box.. no its not going to run mush else.. but if you want an affordable solution to watching all of the games this will get you going *** not have to spend a ton of money... and if you need more power at $130 buy 2.. they are dirt cheap.. get the $10 warranty..and return for a new one every other year.. (i didnt say this was morally correct but ti works)

AR2007denali

Reaction score
Here's my Denali shortly after I got it last year. Lol. Nothing special but I still rocked it tailgating! Haha.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346268840946.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346268840946.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is plenty for a tv and sat box.. no its not going to run mush else.. but if you want an affordable solution to watching all of the games this will get you going *** not have to spend a ton of money... and if you need more power at $130 buy 2.. they are dirt cheap.. get the $10 warranty..and return for a new one every other year.. (i didnt say this was morally correct but ti works)

No, is it quiet enough for a tailgate. All I'd really use it for is the speakers and I don't want to end up with a construction-type generator that's so loud it drowns out the music. I'll probably put the generator at the front of my truck and put the speakers in the back with the liftgate open. I just want to make sure you can't hear the generator over the music.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bosses tailgating sumbitz
180176_10150096421180238_6220461_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

168652_10150096437375238_6798822_n.jpg

AR2007denali

Reaction score
Yep, one of my friends I go tailgating with has one of those flag poles. It's setup where u drive your vehicle on it to stabilize it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate