Tailgating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used mine as a jukebox a lot last year, really cool to be able to use the bluetooth from my phone while its in my pocket and change the song without having to go over to it.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used mine as a jukebox a lot last year, really cool to be able to use the bluetooth from my phone while its in my pocket and change the song without having to go over to it.

I'm not even sure if my truck has bluetooth, but I'll look into it. For games at Virginia Tech, I'd like to bring my laptop for the music. We get wifi access in the lots, so I'm thinking I might be able to use the Remote app on my iPhone if the phone and laptop are both connected to the same wifi. We'll see if that actually works though. Actually, now that I think about it...I could just bring an old wifi router and plug it into my truck or something. I don't actually need internet access, just access to the router itself. Hmm...

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just use the phone? And yeah, if you have wifi on campus then just plug the laptop in to the aux port of your radio. A 3.5mm-3.5mm cable would work great. Headphone port on the laptop, aux port on radio.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just use the phone? And yeah, if you have wifi on campus then just plug the laptop in to the aux port of your radio. A 3.5mm-3.5mm cable would work great. Headphone port on the laptop, aux port on radio.

If I use a laptop I can keep the phone in my pocket, respond to texts/calls from friends trying to find my tailgate, etc. I've got already got a 3.5mm cable.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats the beauty of the bluetooth connection, it stays in my pocket.

Yeah, pretty positive mine doesn't have it. Oh well, as long as it's got the aux input jack I'm good to go.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty positive mine doesn't have it. Oh well, as long as it's got the aux input jack I'm good to go.

Nice to see another Hokie :)

I live in Blacksburg but currently attend someone else's tailgate, therefore I don't use the Tahoe for it, yet.

nastynate

Reaction score
Former hokie andre smith is a troll on the site should be out there this weekend in his murdered out hoe! If you see gim tell him to become active!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to see another Hokie :)

I live in Blacksburg but currently attend someone else's tailgate, therefore I don't use the Tahoe for it, yet.

Nice! Always glad to see more Hokies! Are you gonna make it up for the Cincinnati game at FedEx?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Former hokie andre smith is a troll on the site should be out there this weekend in his murdered out hoe! If you see gim tell him to become active!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The tight end?

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't be making it to the Cinci game, decided to skip that one since I've spent enough this year for season tickets.

Sent from my EVO3D using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate