Tape deck unplugged no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try plugging it in if I still had it but I tossed it in the trash along with the tape deck, Oh well! I'm sure I can find a car being pieced out on craigslist hopefully for 25 or less, ebay has em for around 40-50. Not willing to shell that out just to see if that's the problem. Hey 02 Burb, hows the 91 tune you did on yours. Which option did you go for. I saw another member do the 89 octane for better fuel economy and then they added a sport mode with the tow/haul.

I went for the more sporty tune, i had the corvette servo installed prior and then had the tune done. I also did the tow/haul sport button since i dont tow anymore. As for the numbers, my mileage is pretty much the same, i can squeeze out 19 on the highway now if i try but im not looking for mileage gain. The overall driveability from the tune is what makes it pleasant and fun to drive. The best part is you dont need to mash the peddle anymore to pick up speed, it now just goes.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went for the more sporty tune, i had the corvette servo installed prior and then had the tune done. I also did the tow/haul sport button since i dont tow anymore. As for the numbers, my mileage is pretty much the same, i can squeeze out 19 on the highway now if i try but im not looking for mileage gain. The overall driveability from the tune is what makes it pleasant and fun to drive. The best part is you dont need to mash the peddle anymore to pick up speed, it now just goes.

I went for the 87/89 tune as opposed to the 91. I have head mixed thoughts on the 91 octane with a stock motor whether it actually does any good or money wasted and didnt see enough good to push me to try the 91 octane tune. That 60-80 cents per gallon starts adding up with a 31 gallon tank.

I will agree the tune made it a totally different/ more fun vehicle to drive.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try plugging it in if I still had it but I tossed it in the trash along with the tape deck, Oh well! I'm sure I can find a car being pieced out on craigslist hopefully for 25 or less, ebay has em for around 40-50. Not willing to shell that out just to see if that's the problem. Hey 02 Burb, hows the 91 tune you did on yours. Which option did you go for. I saw another member do the 89 octane for better fuel economy and then they added a sport mode with the tow/haul.

Dont know if you ever fixed your problem yet, but i am now 100% percent positive that unplugging the rear audio controls disables the rear speakers from what i tested. Im planning on removing the controls to put a pocket there, so what i will end up doing is keeping it plugged in but hidden under the cupholders.

OP
OP
danniboi

danniboi

Reaction score
I did find out it was the rear controls that made the rear speakers stop working, kinda sucked because I had to buy the controls off of ebay, wasnt much but I had tossed mine, oh well now I dont toss anything!

notinparadise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dont know if you ever fixed your problem yet, but i am now 100% percent positive that unplugging the rear audio controls disables the rear speakers from what i tested. Im planning on removing the controls to put a pocket there, so what i will end up doing is keeping it plugged in but hidden under the cupholders.

Did you have to extend the wires to move the rear controls? Totally off topic what size wheels and tires are you running I want that exact look for my Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968