TBI Spacer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05goatls2

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been looking for ways quick ways to improve my 93 Yukon and I've come across tbi spacers. I've been looking all over to see if anyone has done this to their tbi?? Is it worth it or is it a waste of money? I'm definitely getting a CAI but I'm really curious about the TBI spacer? I found one at CFM technologies.. Thanks fellas!

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
CFM tech is expensive as hell. Id shop around on ebay for one. And the tbi spacers do work for only the TBI, not the vortec motors. Its not worth an assload of hp, but it helps with all the other mods done.
I know with the Volant CAI, it wont work with the added spacer under the throttle body.. Soo. before you go out and waste money on a spacer, make sure what ever cai you get will work with it..

If you want a volant intake, i have one that literally came out of the box then was put back in the box.. let me know

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sold my 93 FS Blazer 4x4 a month ago. Had it for 15 years.

If you want more power, this is what I had on it and it ran really good.

Dual electric fans, Holley TBI , JET 6 way chip with speed limiter delete, Airaid TBI spacer, Flowmaster muffler, K&N filter, 160 thermostat.

It had 192,000 very hard miles of towing, 4x4ing (even in the dunes), and just plain old hard driving. It got better mileage than my 99 I just got, and felt just as strong even though it had 3.42 gears (sucked for towing) and my 99 has 3.73.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best thing you can do for that TBI, is mill off the horns around the throttle bores and put 1 more gasket below the injector tower, this requires cutting off the aluminum that wraps around the back of the TBI unit, above the fuel lines. Its in the way of your wrench when accessing the lines anyways..

If you do indeed buy a TBI spacer, buy the Plastic or True phenolic type (call sumitt racing and ask for them by material type), DONOT buy the POS aluminum ones..

You trying to acomplish 2 things with a spacer, increase plenum volume and reduce heat transfer into the TBI unit itself.

Better yet, buy my Holly unit, collecting dust in my garage.
I have both milled, unmilled OEM and a holly throttle plate
Have both non smoothed and smoothed OEM injector towers and a holly injector tower (has built in adjustable FPR)
Have OEM and Mutch larger injectors, the kind that can feed a 350-400hp small block...
LOL I did alot of tweeking to my setups back in the day...

I would also reccomend you swap that POS TBI intake manifold out for the 4barrell carbed version and get a TBI adapter, it makes TONS more bottom and midrange power. Both edelbrock and holly make them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
05goatls2

05goatls2

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the inputs... ezdaar how much are you looking for your holly setup??

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me get in garage and dig it all out and see exactly what I got before I make to many promises.. Its been YEARS since I was playing with TBI units..

Last edited:

usramc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Williamsburg, Ky is home but I'm stationed in Wash
I hate to but in, but I'm new to the tbi world, this is my first non cummins powered truck in 5 years,lol, but I'm looking for cheap and quick for now, just to juice it up, I read everything thats already been posted but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if a tbi from a big block would do the same for the 5.7 as putting a perf one on, I haven't done alot of research yet but in my head I'm saying, bigger motor, more fuel must mean more fuel delivering capabilities?lol.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, Goat. I did a quick run through and found my Holly TBI, a OEM baseplate and probly have one or 2 more OEM's laying around. Along with a injector tower or two.
I'll basicly dig up everything TBI I have and send it all to ya, you can do what you want with it all.
Now understand this is NOT a plug n play setup. You will need to adjust your fuel lines for the increased injector tower hight, and adjust Tranny kick down cable, etc... But for the most part its so simple, I would swap back and forth between the TBI unit and my dbl pumper depending if I was DD or play time.. it prolly took me 10 mins to do the swap.
You will want to probly order this injector retainer as back in the day I lost mine during one of my many swaps and made my own, it worked for years but doesnt look pretty.

I also still have my TBI to carb adapter!!
SOOO..... At the price I going to sell you this stuff for. you can buy Edelbrock Performer AIR-GAP Intake manifold and see some Good power.

PM me and lets work out the $$ and mailing details..

USRAMC.

As far as the bigblock TBI, Yess it will flow more than OEM 350, but you may run into throttle blade clearence issues with stock TBI manifold.
Also with out a minor retune, your injetors wont be driven correctly.
If I was you, I would pick up that same manifold I linked above and get a TBI to Carb adapter This should be it
To bolt that big block TBI onto a 4barrel duel plane intake.

Beshure to dbl gasket the injector tower to baseplate.

To both of you, Theres literaly TONS of sites with TBI mods, how to mill them space them, etc... All the stuff I learned on the street, you can now read. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EngineGuy