TBSS 22s on 08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some dirty teaser shots...the roof rack is shaved up, side skirts are on, bumper and grille are on with recently painted grille surround, molding is in the process of being removed. Brakes should be here soon and then I need to figure out what to do to boost the HPs a little

photo%201.jpg

photo%203.jpg
photo%202.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raising the HP's is easy! Tune that thang! :D

OP
OP
B

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raising the HP's is easy! Tune that thang! :D

A tune alone aint gonna warrant the end goal...a legitimized SS badge lol. I lean 6.2 or supercharged or both or neither and drive this pig for a bit till the 2012 SRT8 grand cherokee gets the 8 speed and ditch it lol

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahhh...then you're going for a large increase in HP not just a little "shot in the arm" :waytogo:

Then a powerplant swap and supercharged is in order kind sir! :D A built 6.2 would certainly be a good platform to start with :)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Its coming together good Gerod. If I drive to Houston this summer i'm gonna let you know so I can possibly come see the end result in person, then we can get Tahoe pics together.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its coming together good Gerod. If I drive to Houston this summer i'm gonna let you know so I can possibly come see the end result in person, then we can get Tahoe pics together.

+1. Looks great man I love the SS bumper with those rims... what I love the most is the side skirts... I wonder how it'd look on my car in white... VERY creative!!

OP
OP
B

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got all my woodgrain sprayed black at the same time so the interior has black and gunmetal interior accents just like the outside...Its coming together just as I pictured....

Next is brakes...Question is what color. I really wanna do Red to look as factory as possible and when I see black Z06s with red brakes I drool but it might be too much. The SSBC kit I'm doing (front/rear) comes in black, red, and silver.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the gray wheels I would do black. Ideally I would do color matched.

OP
OP
B

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the gray wheels I would do black. Ideally I would do color matched.

you're the brake expert i know and I'll probably do as such...i just keep thinking red would look hot and factory b/c when cayennes or Z06s or anything come with the big factory brakes they're usually red until you get to the exotics...then they come every color in a skittles pack.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I would definitly do black or silver on it, not sure which would look better in my mind though. Would not do red at all though.