Temp Gauge not working after service...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kentiler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

We just took our vehicle in for service, and they replaced 3 transmission lines, rear brakes and rotors, Idler Arm, Pitman arm, and ball joint.

We figured things would be fine for awhile, but when we got it back, the engine temp gauge is not working.

Could the tech have done something when they replaced all of these things or ran the inspection? It was working before we took it in.

They were also looking at the sensors for the autoride compressor, since that isn't working. Couldn't afford to replace that with all the other things we did!

Thanks!

--Kent

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...those sucker took you for a ride and then some.....sorry...but they did..

The sensor is by the steering pump...in the engine block....see if they cut the line...

OP
OP
K

kentiler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They did have video of all the issues. I verified the transmission lines were leaking, there was play with the arms, and we haven't replaced the pads/rotors for over 50,000 miles or so, and they were at 10%.

Can I look from the top of the engine, or do I need to get under the vehicle to see it?

Not sure where the steering pump is - any direction would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--Kent

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Driver side)the first spark plug..the one above it ...a wire should be connected to the temp gauge

OP
OP
K

kentiler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any diagrams on the web to show exact location?

I took some pictures, but I have no idea which one is connected to the temperature gauge/sensor.

Here are the pictures:

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

--Kent

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic 3 ....lower.....first spark plug....above it and behind the steering pump..(temp sensor)...

OP
OP
K

kentiler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK. New pics...looks like there is a clip with a couple of wires coming out of it and going into a wire wrap. Is it just to the left of the red box in Pic 4? The next set of pics just zoom into that area.

Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!

--Kent

OP
OP
K

kentiler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that the clip/sensor you are referring to? The wiring appears to be intact.

--Kent

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you did say they work on the pitman arm and idler arm....so anything could had happen, either they hit or snag on it....you might have to take it back for rep.

Pic 6...the sensor look damage recently

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7RPM