Temperature sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pepito4802

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I'm Omar and I'm new to this forum I've always went on forums to read issues I've had with vehicles I own ...this is the first time I join
I have a 2016 Tahoe ltz I replaced the temperature sensor because the fans were running full blast and the temp gauge was not moving
The fans are still running hing and gauge is not working what should I do next

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Omar and I'm new to this forum I've always went on forums to read issues I've had with vehicles I own ...this is the first time I join
I have a 2016 Tahoe ltz I replaced the temperature sensor because the fans were running full blast and the temp gauge was not moving
The fans are still running hing and gauge is not working what should I do next
buy another OEM sensor and verify the thermostat is not stuck
there is a rash of bad sensors out there

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the fast answer how would I check if the thermostat is is stuck
generally speaking you can just feel the radiator hoses both should feel approx the same temp after a drive, but if one is noticeably cooler that would indicate the coolant is not flowing properly. same if the heater is not blowing hot air and is only luke warm

OP
OP
P

pepito4802

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
generally speaking you can just feel the radiator hoses both should feel approx the same temp after a drive, but if one is noticeably cooler that would indicate the coolant is not flowing properly. same if the heater is not blowing hot air and is only luke warm
Thanks I'm going to check that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cjamaco79