The day has finally arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the call yesterday that my vehicle has *finally* been delivered to the dealership. Ordered on 7/2, changed to the 2015i in August, TPW 10/6, delivery 12/8.

As I've been reading through the forums the past few months, there's been several reports of issues that I would want to check for before accepting delivery. Among those:

• Buffetting noise
  • Turn off in Auto 4WD, backup, check for Service 4WD message
  • Fit and finish issue with running boards

Anything else I should look for specifically?

Also, I placed my order on 7/2 and negotiated a price at that time. Since then the Costco holiday offer became available. I've already talked to the salesperson and he said he received the info from Costco on my behalf. I'm expecting the business manager to push back and get me to stick with the agreed to price. I feel like so much has changed since 7/2 (even the price of the vehicle, since the 2015i had an increase in price). Is it reasonable to expect them to honor the Costco price, even though we already agreed to a price? The agreement was not on any official paperwork, just a number on my order sheet.

Thanks for all the info on this forum! I feel like a well-informed buyer because of you guys.

-Paul

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that dealer is part of the Costco program, which it sounds like they are since your sales person received the information from Costco, you should have no problem receiving the Costco price and rebate. Only certain dealer participate. If they don't what's stopping you from walking away?

OP
OP
G

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They do participate, and there's nothing stopping me from walking away. That's exactly what I am planning to do if they will not honor the Costco pricing.

I'm probably borrowing trouble by anticipating an issue with it, I'm headed to the dealership in 10 minutes and will see how it turns out.

OP
OP
G

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took delivery this morning. We were at the dealer for nearly 3 hours. They did honor the Costco pricing without my asking for it. All up, I am happy with our deal. Pics to come.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you got a deal you were happy with. Glad to hear everything worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUMBL57

AC Guru
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! It's awesome when dealers stand up and honor what they should. It should happen more often I think. Hope you enjoy the new truck!

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the call yesterday that my vehicle has *finally* been delivered to the dealership. Ordered on 7/2, changed to the 2015i in August, TPW 10/6, delivery 12/8.

As I've been reading through the forums the past few months, there's been several reports of issues that I would want to check for before accepting delivery. Among those:

• Buffetting noise
  • Turn off in Auto 4WD, backup, check for Service 4WD message
  • Fit and finish issue with running boards

Anything else I should look for specifically?QUOTE]

None of these effect the "i" models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065