The Official show your waxed truck thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys realize that you should wax your truck more than 2 times a year... Everytime you wash your truck or run it through a heat cycle by driving it and then letting it cool off, it wears away the wax.....

You should do your detail wash and waxes, then do maintenance washes inbetween... A maintenance wash is a very low detergent wash that is non invasive and will not eat at your wax...

For a detail wash you should prewash to remove bugs, wash with a 2 bucket method, and then clay, and wax. I recommend a caranuba paste wax, as I have found them to be the most durable... Not always the most shine, but definately lasting the longest...

http://www.swissvax.us/usa/waxes.html

SwissVax - Some of the best out there...... get ready to empty out your wallet though..

EG@EnglandGreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
biter-beater.jpg

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swiss VAX? Really bro?

There is no way I would spend 140-300 on wax....... there is no need.

I just did mine ....... klasse all in one then l adams glaze and topped it with autoglym HD. Shines like a diamond.

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3m perfect it wax. Best wax for the buck.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, my paint still looks nearly factory fresh after 14 years of desert heat and Alaskan cold, and I haven't waxed it even once a year. But when I do wax it, I make sure to do it right.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys do whatever works for you... I also use Autoglym... I love it.. but if you have ever used swissvax, you will understand.. Its like putting another clearcoat on your truck...

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys do whatever works for you... I also use Autoglym... I love it.. but if you have ever used swissvax, you will understand.. Its like putting another clearcoat on your truck...

I understand what you mean don't worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52