The Retrofit Masters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebel Rifle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I spent about 2 hours researching HID lights for my 2013 Tahoe. The consensus is PNP is not professional and it sucks. So I want the real deal but I'm hesitant to do this on my own because I don't want it botched up and I want to use stock housing. I did a simple google search and came up with "The Retrofit Masters" who offer a service at about half the price it would take to buy the housings with the lights already installed. Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone used them before? http://www.theretrofitmasters.com/ The only thing that is a little concerning to me is that they don't list a phone number to contact them. What happens if I never get my lights back, lol?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
offer a service at about half the price it would take to buy the housings with the lights already installed.

What happens if I never get my lights back, lol?

So it's half the price, but you have to send them your lights?

Most places include new headlights ($200ish) plus the actual HID parts (projectors, bulbs, ballast, wiring) which runs between $200 to $400 dpening on parts used and then labor to do the retro.

What do "The Retrofit Masters" want for what your trying to do?

OP
OP
Rebel Rifle

Rebel Rifle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I could have sworn I saw a price list on their website where it was running about $600 to send your lights in and have them retrofitted. I can't find that now so maybe I was dreaming. IDK. I do want to hire someone to do this. Any suggestions?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I could have sworn I saw a price list on their website where it was running about $600 to send your lights in and have them retrofitted. I can't find that now so maybe I was dreaming. IDK. I do want to hire someone to do this. Any suggestions?

You can purchase a brand new set for that price including brand new headlights in a pre-packaged deal. Do a search on here cause others have done this for that price...

OP
OP
Rebel Rifle

Rebel Rifle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I searched for over 2 hours and I couldn't find anything other than a few that were not recommended because they were not HID they were LED and sucked.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Azsctaco, how much did it cost you?
Every order is usually custom but I got:
New oem replica headlights
Morimoto Mini H1 projectors
Iris Shrouds
5500k Morimoto bulbs
Used my HID kit I already used on my truck

$650 shipped

Best upgrade ever....love them.

If you go to facebook and search VisionAutoworks.com you'll see my lights if you scroll down a bit

OP
OP
Rebel Rifle

Rebel Rifle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So if I don't have the HID kit it's going to run me at least $200 more? That's pretty much around Black Flame Custom pricing and that's just for low beams right?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Build one yourself for $300. Not terribly hard just tedious and time consuming for 5-6 hours maybe 8 on first one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx