The Tahoe GM should've made...Tahoe SS-Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife drove this Tahoe for 2 years before I inherited it. I told if her she wanted me to drive it (so she could get an Acura MDX) I'd need to make it my own. So I ditched the 24s she had on it and started with the project of "The Tahoe that GM should've made"

Exterior
Trailblazer SS Factory Reproduction 22s in Competition Gray
Roof Rack Shaved (the right way welded/painted, etc)
Street Scenes Front Bumper with Gray color matched Ducts & Speed Grille
Chrome Grille Surround painted to match wheels/ducts with Speed Grille
Street Scenes Side skirts (in place of running boards)
Rear Bowtie sprayed Competition Gray to match rest
De-Badged & De-molded

Suspension
2 in drop front - McG spindles
3 in drop rear - Pedders (smoothest coil I tried) & Belltech Drop Shocks
Hotchkis Sway Bar

Interior
Woodgrain Sprayed Gloss Black

Coming Soon -
Performance - Either a LS motor swap or a supercharger or both....
Brakes - Big Brake kit front and rear (coming very soon)
Stereo - Not sure yet. Probably going to be very mild considering that part of my life having 10 12s in the back is long gone lol

Save the "Needs to be lower comments" lol I've heard it a million times but there are 3 reasons I dont want it lower
1. I love how it rides. Never been in a dropped truck that rides this good.
2. I take out investors/clients/employees on a daily basis...I need a "conservative" vehicle
3. GM would never make a slammed truck from the factory. I want this truck to turn heads in a "Is that a new Tahoe SS manner" lol. Custom but not if you feel me.

These aren't the best pics in the world but they're all I could swing for now

Exterior%201.jpg

Exterior%202.jpg

Exterior%204.jpg

Interior%201.jpg

Interior%202.jpg

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is awesome!!!!! Nice work, man!

The only two things that caught my eye negatively were:

1.) The rake. I would either want the front up a bit higher to level it or lower the rear just a bit to level.

2.) The stock exhaust and that ugly damn resonator. If you want to keep it quiet (near stock) you could just get a resonator delete kit with some tips that aren't flashy. or you could just get rid of the resonator and leave the exhaust termination hidden up a ways behind the bumper so you couldn't see it.

Overall, the truck just looks beautiful. Those wheels are badass. The front bumper looks great. I love it!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow... I love it!

+1 on the resonator delete. That nasty canister GM put on the back of these vehicles is horrendous... it def does not match your 'SS' theme... other then that truck looks sick!

ghoster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great! Maybe get rid of the resonator, thats about all I would do.

OP
OP
B

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The resonator is quick to go. I'm either doing corsa or just the SLP tip kit. Haven't made up my mind.

As for the rake..I love it lol. I'm from TX... I hate cali/ass sag and when this thing is driving it sits perfect

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The resonator is quick to go. I'm either doing corsa or just the SLP tip kit. Haven't made up my mind.

As for the rake..I love it lol. I'm from TX... I hate cali/ass sag and when this thing is driving it sits perfect

SLP and corsa both will do :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking! x84308 on the resonator delete but sounds like you're on the path with the SLP or Corsa :waytogo:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not one to put badges on something that isn't an original, but that thing is begging for some "SS" badges on the front door and maybe one on the tailgate...lower left or right forget how the Silvy's and TB's are. Make them black with comp. grey outline.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not one to put badges on something that isn't an original, but that thing is begging for some "SS" badges on the front door and maybe one on the tailgate...lower left or right forget how the Silvy's and TB's are. Make them black with comp. grey outline.

You'd have to be VERY careful with this, though, cuz if those SS badges on the door aren't placed just right it'll look really silly and out of place Without the molding on the doors anymore it'd look like it was just "floating" on the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamDude827