The Tahoe GM should've made...Tahoe SS-Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, but to me, dont do the SS badges.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks REALLY good man!! You nailed what you were trying to achieve. Tastefully modded, conservative, yet still turns heads! Nice work. Looking fwd to what else you have in store!!

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would do the TBSS badges on the doors and stock TBSS location on the liftgate. truck looks great! now you need to get the "SS" insert on the steering wheel.

drop a 6.2/6spd in there with a TVS2300 and you can do this
IMG_58311.jpg

the SS on the door makes the side profile bro.
DSC00133.jpg
see how you barely notice in the sun, but it's there.
SS022.jpg

wondr if the sterring wheel button fits? would add the a nice subtle sportiness to the interior, it's what GM would do (as well as the emblems, just going off your motto lol)
e-fan012.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would do the TBSS badges on the doors and stock TBSS location on the liftgate. truck looks great! now you need to get the "SS" insert on the steering wheel.

drop a 6.2/6spd in there with a TVS2300 and you can do this

I know all about the TBSS... I put 75k miles on one in the last 30 months before my wife wanted a new ride and I needed to get a more "grown up ride" for work

63289_10100513577548354_8303971_70693749_2655672_n.jpg

The SS Steering wheel button/center decal won't fit I dont think b/c its dead flat where as the Tahoe one is curved. I could get the corvette flag one but like I said before I aint tryin to pose...I'd only do any badging after the truck earns it with some ponies....lots of them haha

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know all about the TBSS... I put 75k miles on one in the last 30 months before my wife wanted a new ride and I needed to get a more "grown up ride" for work

63289_10100513577548354_8303971_70693749_2655672_n.jpg

The SS Steering wheel button/center decal won't fit I dont think b/c its dead flat where as the Tahoe one is curved. I could get the corvette flag one but like I said before I aint tryin to pose...I'd only do any badging after the truck earns it with some ponies....lots of them haha

Love your TBSS! So you're dropping a 6.2L in there??? Also, if you get the 'SS' badges, are they going to be the silver, black, or grey (same as rims)?

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. How is it without the side steps? I'm 6 feet tall and I'm right on the line of needing the steps or not. I think if they weren't there I'd be fine but since they are it is easier using them rather than trying to step over them.

Look so much like my buddy's black TBSS and makes me really want to take of the roof rack. I don't want to spend the money to do it right though.

Hey any chance you kept the "Tahoe" badges? I'm considering re-badging lol ironic huh?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and kids need the steps on the burb. I could do without it but they definitely need it :D

OP
OP
B

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. How is it without the side steps? I'm 6 feet tall and I'm right on the line of needing the steps or not. I think if they weren't there I'd be fine but since they are it is easier using them rather than trying to step over them.

Look so much like my buddy's black TBSS and makes me really want to take of the roof rack. I don't want to spend the money to do it right though.

Hey any chance you kept the "Tahoe" badges? I'm considering re-badging lol ironic huh?

I don't have the old badges...if you're gonna shave the roof rack do it right. I had the holes plugged and some flat caps before and it just doesnt look right IMO.

My steps never got used and infact were incredibly in the way even for my wife (5 ft 3). Granted my truck is dropped a couple inches but the steps would get dirty and hit the backside of my shins ever time I got out and would dirty my dress pants. Now with the side skirts instead of steps it not only eliminats this problem, it looks a lot cleaner, and gets rid of steps that never get used b/c they're at an akward height after being lowered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thatblackthoe