The thing I hated with the 2000 - 2006 models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made sure that when I purchased I didn't get barnyard doors. I like to sit in the back of my truck and I didn't want them to be in the way.

To bad they don't still have the tailgate option.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
As I recall 03 they were deleted. I miss barn doors actully. Was great to open the door all the way out. Only thing I missed was a rear wiper.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense to the those who have the barndoor models, but I'm glad I don't. I know some people like them, but I personally like the look of the liftgate option. And I'm really glad GM got smart and moved the spare underneath the truck rather than inside like the pre-00 models.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of them either, but to each their own.

As I recall 03 they were deleted. I miss barn doors actully. Was great to open the door all the way out. Only thing I missed was a rear wiper.
You actually use your rear wiper? WOW. I was thinking about taking mine off, and putting a cap over the hole.

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
The first one I looked at was a sharp OBS but the barn doors was a deal breaker. Found another with the tailgate but it ran like crap and had leather - another deal breaker. The last was my NBS and I didn't realize it had the hatch instead of the tailgate until a few days after I got home with it.

I still think the OBS looks better and I kinda regret not getting one but I really wanted out of the 3500 for a DD and I was tired of prowling the lots.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just in case you didnt know 00-06 wasnt the only model that had barn doors the 91-99s did also

Yep, I just never owned one so I couldn't complain about it :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius