The worst thing about owning a Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedYuk04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it just me or can people just not help hitting their doors on my Yukon? For some reason the passenger side over the rear wheel is the worst. If it keeps up, its going to look like I ran it down a guard rail. I badly want to remove the door moulding, but I can't. I even take the extra time to make sure there's plenty of room on both sides. :mad3:

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
I always try to park away from everyone.

I park as far away as I can, and take up two spots. It never fails though there will be someone that thinks it's a good idea too, and parks right the **** next to me out in the North forty of the parking lot. I know that's not always an option, but I do it every chance I get.

And nowadays parking lots seem to be striped for KIA Rios or something. I guess to acommodate more cars. Don't feel like it's just SUVs though... my wife has a Grand Prix GT that's as wide as my Tahoe, and she gets the same dings in her door molding.

So no, you're not alone. And yes, it does suck donkey ****.

BH

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
id rather walk a lil more and not park up front and get banged up. but u will always get the one person.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I do I park far away from everyone, even if it is raining...

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
What everyone else has said. I don't want anyone parking by my cars, walking by my cars, or even looking at my cars if I am not around. This is why I haven't demolded yet. I want to soooooo bad, but I would be pissed if I got a door ding.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
It really sucks that a lot of people don't give a shit about other people's property. I told my kids every time they got out to be careful with the door. They got pretty anoyed with me, but they never hit another car with a door. I went to high school with a girl that would just fling a car door open. She didn't care what it hit. When she did it to my car I went to a body shop and got an estimate. I gave it to her and told her if she didn't pay it I was going to sue her. She finally quit throwing car doors open after that.

rjpeaks

Reaction score
what's interesting is that when i do park in the middle of nowhere, i tend to get others that park next to me. even when there's tons of spots closer.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968