There are just some days I wish I didn't turn wrenches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Those pads really do make the difference on this 71 year old body. Especially when I stack them, is very soft to lay on and way easier to scoot out from under vehicle. In the pic, I also use the two smaller pads to kneel down on to save my knees. The other advantage is that they handle fluid spills/stains easily and can set jack stands on them and use floor jack on top of them. My girl is the one who saw these and got them for me. She takes care of me, way better than I do. She worries about me being under these vehicles and will climb under with me and also hang around topside and hand me tools and rags and drain pans and and and, so I don't have to crawl out all the time. She actually gives me the "hard look" if I go under a vehicle without her being there. I got so lucky with her. Grew up helping her dad in the garage and around family vehicles and loves football and NASCAR.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those pads really do make the difference on this 71 year old body. Especially when I stack them, is very soft to lay on and way easier to scoot out from under vehicle. In the pic, I also use the two smaller pads to kneel down on to save my knees. The other advantage is that they handle fluid spills/stains easily and can set jack stands on them and use floor jack on top of them. My girl is the one who saw these and got them for me. She takes care of me, way better than I do. She worries about me being under these vehicles and will climb under with me and also hang around topside and hand me tools and rags and drain pans and and and, so I don't have to crawl out all the time. She actually gives me the "hard look" if I go under a vehicle without her being there. I got so lucky with her. Grew up helping her dad in the garage and around family vehicles and loves football and NASCAR.
Your a lucky man!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeap.. The pod style. Dont have a replacement for that one.
I checked on ebay and there seems to be one person selling all the options for those year/make/models and they all seem to be black face and buttons. That does not bother me but the minimum price he shows is $178 and goes up to $350. Gonna do something but unsure what, yet. A member at the GMT400 forum has shared that the known problem with these radios is the gradual decay of operation and ends with clock finally stopping. Her radio did exactly that. Has to do with solder problems from age and the jarring of radio with age. The truck is 33 years old, after all.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Its not a main squeeze... Shes just checking to make sure you hadnt filled your depends... :p

I will see myself out now.. LOL

I mean a Ford Chocolate? Really.. Wonder how that tastes when its always broken down.
I saw it was a FORD but did not have the heart to tell her. All we own is GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23