There are just some days I wish I didn't turn wrenches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did GM put a bottle top opener under there somewhere we can use? Asking for a friend.
When I called the landlord over to see what I found, the caps, I saw him take his hand and act like he had a bottle in it and held it like he would be opening a bottle cap, against the back of hood edge.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Could be but am unsure. I was promised, when I got out in December of 1975, that in the future, my medical and prescriptions were covered. Lie lie lie....

I have even went in to the VA when I did not have an appointment, because of a medical problem or needed to just ask a question of a nurse practitioner and I get billed a co pay for that.

Government is full of liars that constantly lie to veterans.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be but am unsure. I was promised, when I got out in December of 1975, that in the future, my medical and prescriptions were covered. Lie lie lie....

I have even went in to the VA when I did not have an appointment, because of a medical problem or needed to just ask a question of a nurse practitioner and I get billed a co pay for that.

Government is full of liars that constantly lie to veterans.
I read about the co-pays, a week or so ago. I have little enough faith in politicians and bureaucrats that I never applied for federal health benefits. I won't either, unless and until finances absolutely force me to. I carried on my ATT insurance to back-up my [forced] Medicare coverage. It works fine.

Long ago, maybe even 30 years or more, my retired dad's Navy pension got garnished for VA services. They also killed him by misdiagnosing a brain tumor as a hangnail. [Obviously not true, but they were about that wrong.]

joe

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this go along with the fact that the lying government has dipped into our social security in the past and now all of a sudden we are going to be short around 2030-2035. The ones in the know have said if the government had left if alone they could have given each American on social security at this time one million dollars each.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does this go along with the fact that the lying government has dipped into our social security in the past and now all of a sudden we are going to be short around 2030-2035. The ones in the know have said if the government had left if alone they could have given each American on social security at this time one million dollars each.

Social Security is like a ponzi scheme. There is no trust fund, but there should have been. So far it's been fully funded by the workers paying in, but with us boomers retiring like rabbits procreate, the funding will soon be upside-down. Then the payments will need to be subsidized by other tax money from the General Fund.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Every politician makes and breaks promises because they have security to protect them. I cannot stand liars and thieves and the government is full of them. Given half a chance, I would walk up and slap the crap out of some of them. Someone lying to me and smirking like they do, sets me off. I have been lied to so many times by the government.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every politician makes and breaks promises because they have security to protect them. I cannot stand liars and thieves and the government is full of them. Given half a chance, I would walk up and slap the crap out of some of them. Someone lying to me and smirking like they do, sets me off. I have been lied to so many times by the government.
It seems to me that the combination of power and money that big-time politics provides is the ultimate catnip for sociopaths and criminals.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flacostahoe

Latest posts