There is a question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe rus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is very interesting to me. How you repair the cars? Do it, or prefer automobile services?

I wish good luck to all to those who appreciates freedom, sound V8, a wind torn for speeds in open windows, and the big off-road cars.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're asking if we prefer to do the work ourselves or hire a mechanic? I would prefer to do it myself...but I'm not a mechanic :(

B

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i do what i can..but i have a great friend who helps me out every time i need it! in fact he helps me so much i gave him my 91 f/s Blazer for christmas! (it needed work) but was driveable.

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pretty much do all my own work. From changing oil to suspension. I normally don't touch engine or tranny building, but everything is usually fair game. This goes for all my cars. I don't trust mechanics, and the Stealership is such a rip off.

OP
OP
Tahoe rus

Tahoe rus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like you're asking if we prefer to do the work ourselves or hire a mechanic?

Yes it so

We too do all. Services on the American cars work badly. Very difficultly with spare parts. In Russia there are some firms it MOOG, Cardone, Motor Pro, and very expensive GM and ACDelco. Despite it our cars serve us well. Still it is very interesting to learn, you prefer what brands of spare parts?

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
In Soviet Russia, you do not fix car, car fix you!!! :)

Welcome!!!!
I do everything myself, from brakes and suspension, engine work, heating and AC, to really, really loud music and shaved door handles (or repair of the butchered job a prior owner did, at least) :). I love anything that comes with a lifetime warranty. That's irrespective of name. I'm more of a fundamentalist when it comes to parts. If the original was aluminum, and I can replace it with stainless, that's what I'll do. If it was originally rubber, and I can replace it with a tougher/stronger compound, that's the route I'll choose. Brand names don't really enter the equation for me. I am probably a minority though, so big grain of salt. :)

Again, welcome!!!
:drunk:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do what I can, which is very little. Trying to learn more though. I take it to a friend who has a shop and does good work.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a mechanic and i do everything on my car
i have prolly no joke turned everybolt on my hoe
and i do work on everyones car it seams lately

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Work on it myself if and when possible. Saves money and it's a good feeling when I'm done.

OP
OP
Tahoe rus

Tahoe rus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Work on it myself if and when possible. Saves money and it's a good feeling when I'm done.

Thanks!!!
What all of us таки identical, in our love to Tahoe.
At me good feeling that I have got to the address correctly!!!:beer:

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

In Moscow we often meet fans CHEVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIX-FfoxL80&feature=player_embedded

And you spend joint meetings? How it at you occurs? There are elements off road, beer, a shish kebab? Your joint actions are interesting to me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313