Third row seat passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CL2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2011 Tahoe LT. I had my third row seats stored in my garage for the last 8 years. I went to put them in today and the passenger side seat will not pop up. I can put it in and lock it down but when I left lever one and pull up it won't disengage. I have watched YouTube videos I have taken off the side and bottom pan and exposed the left joint where the cable pulls back and forth. The cable seems fine and the Piston that the cable actuates is traveling all the way back and striking the back of the hinge so it's not a matter of it's not going back far enough. Anyone have any idea what I could check or at least another way to get the hook or whatever to release so I can stand up that third row seat for sitting on?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2011 Tahoe LT. I had my third row seats stored in my garage for the last 8 years. I went to put them in today and the passenger side seat will not pop up. I can put it in and lock it down but when I left lever one and pull up it won't disengage. I have watched YouTube videos I have taken off the side and bottom pan and exposed the left joint where the cable pulls back and forth. The cable seems fine and the Piston that the cable actuates is traveling all the way back and striking the back of the hinge so it's not a matter of it's not going back far enough. Anyone have any idea what I could check or at least another way to get the hook or whatever to release so I can stand up that third row seat for sitting on?
I have to slam my 3rd row seats down pretty hard into final position in the floor, when I install them in my '07, or they won't open up. And just to be sure you have the procedure right, once you slam it down into position, you don't use the levers any more. They should just unfold open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrettman