This is what happened to my tahoe in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update again. Started working k. The suspension tear down for the RC 6” lift and ran into an issue. The torsion bars are heavily seized into the control arms. The keys came out no problem. I’ve hammered the end of the bar with a 5lb sledge, soaked in PB blaster, tried heating the hex in the LCA.. doesn’t even budge.

I’ve seen a few YouTube’s where they had to use a jackhammer or get them loose. I wanted them out so I can sand blast the LCA and paint them. Might end up having to leave them in and just pressure wash them instead.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update again. Started working k. The suspension tear down for the RC 6” lift and ran into an issue. The torsion bars are heavily seized into the control arms. The keys came out no problem. I’ve hammered the end of the bar with a 5lb sledge, soaked in PB blaster, tried heating the hex in the LCA.. doesn’t even budge.

I’ve seen a few YouTube’s where they had to use a jackhammer or get them loose. I wanted them out so I can sand blast the LCA and paint them. Might end up having to leave them in and just pressure wash them instead.
This is the best penetrant I have found. Soak this in with alot of heat applications.
IMG_2152.png

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front end almost done. Bumper is powder coated satin black, front grill is from LMC, the white corners I had been saving since before my daughter crashed the truck. I bought them from a guy on gmt400 who got them from Canada. They were brand new, they are white, not clear like the cheap eBay crap. The sticker on them says they are made by TYC in Japan.

I’ll be doing the hood next, and then putting the 2000 Z71 fog lights in into the bumper holes. Lower valence is on back order from LMC but should be on its way soon.

I also started the RC 6” lift kit install.
IMG_0033.jpeg

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More update:
Pretty deep into the RC lift kit, most of the front is done. Started putting the stock LCA’s on, also new UCA’s wheel bearing housing kit, new upgraded front shafts, torsion keys, all new bushings and brake hoses. Will be finishing off the passenger side tomorrow and starting the rear .
IMG_0048.jpeg

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, practically finished with the front… then realized I have indexed the torsion keys once too far, need to remove them and set them back..

Tires arrived 35x12.5x15. Falken wild peaks

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No weights on the front, must be pretty well made tires. That will be an amazing machine when finished I suspect.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread...... 2 days ago, driving on a 3-lane street..... I was in the middle lane....driving the 50mph speed limit..... I saw ahead, traffic was slowing, due to a traffic light. I slowed down a bit..... Preparing to apply more brakes.... SUDDENLY, the truck ahead of me steered quickly, to the left lane. Ahead was stopped !! i braked FIRM but no skidding ( giving the vehicle behind me time to slow / I also hand-signaled !! ) Good thing my brakes are VERY GOOD....

No collisions..... no skidding ( from me or the car behind me)......

ATTENTION.... ALWAYS...... When you are DRIVING...... Everything else, causes an accident.

( I spend many years as a 'performance driving instructor'......
Get your children to a QUALIFIED driving instructor, or it can happen again, if they don't learn more, than what they still know ( or don't know about driving).

Accident evasion is important..... Prime example is the above story.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Islandboy

Latest posts