Time to bounce?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delgarcia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have 94000 miles on my2021 Yukon. It was bouncing like a rabbit in heat so I replaced the struts. Much better but still does not ride anywhere near as good as new. Thinking I’ll change out the rear shocks. Anyone have a recommendation for the smoothest ride possible in rear shocks?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have 94000 miles on my2021 Yukon. It was bouncing like a rabbit in heat so I replaced the struts. Much better but still does not ride anywhere near as good as new. Thinking I’ll change out the rear shocks. Anyone have a recommendation for the smoothest ride possible in rear shocks?

Delco original and Bilstein's seems to be favs here. I just bought a set of Belltech twintube rear shocks, I have to say I am VERY impressed with the ride of those.

Do you have any type of factory auto or magna ride or air ride?

OP
OP
D

Delgarcia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the magna ride. I was a little early to get the air ride. Wish I had though I hear it rides really smooth…

I’ve heard good things about the Bilsteins. Are the Belltechs more for a truck with modified suspension and tires? I’m all stock 100%.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you went 94,000 miles on the OEM suspension, and you state that you liked it, why not replace with OEM shocks?

Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the suspension section, and look for the exploded diagram of suspension assembly. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya