Tips for removing #8 plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for removing the #8 plug on an '05 Tahoe? The rest of the plugs are pretty straight forward. The A/C lines are in the way. A quick search came up with tips for removing it on the nnbs but not the earlier models.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the looks I am not sure the a swival will do the trick, there is not much clearance.

Reaction score
Take the tire off, I had an 02' silverado. I would pull the tire and fender weld lining out and it's right there.

Last edited:

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only suggestion I have is patience and buying 9 plugs instead of 8. You can always return the extra if needed.

The only plugs I've ever broken on a GM V8 was the number 8 plug on a few V8 engines and it really sucks when you crack the porcelain on the new plug trying to install it, don't have a spare, have to stick an old plug back in. Then you get to start the job over again after a run to the parts store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlathem