Vermont Winter Coming: Help my 2012 Tahoe Body!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryKing

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
A few leaves turning color, and BodyWork weather will last for a while. Walkaround of our Tahoe thats very good mechanically shows Trouble.

I need you advice on 2024 tech that can deal with this. It will be me not a real bodyshop. I have done some bodywork / painting. I have built boats and know epoxy work well. But what materials and sequence of application is best for this kind of TouchUp PLUS kind of work?? I would really appreciate learning from your experience.

Here's a walkaround. Online Sympathy Cards welcome :)

CENTER of the Hood inside:

TahoeRustTK-IMG_6119-01.JPG

Hood corners Inside (Both sides).
TahoeRustTK-IMG_6120-02.JPG

DriversSide Doorsill (and all passenger side) Look OK.

TahoeRustTK-IMG_6121-03.JPG

BUT This is rear Driverside sill. Why?? WhatToDo??

TahoeRustTK-IMG_6122-04.JPG

And the driverside Rear Wheelwell. I know I have to remove the inner liner to work on it.

TahoeRustTK-IMG_6123-05.JPG

And.. A Few Easy Scratches (Out of Photo space. ) (Sounds like a bad Movie!)...

I can't bear the thought of doing Nothing thru another Winter Of Salt.

Comments, Suggestions, Pointers to online suppliers, online How-To , DO's DON'Ts WELCOME

Regards, Terry King
...In The Woods In Vermont
The one who dies with the most Parts LOSES! WHAT DO YOU NEED??

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryKing

TerryKing

Reaction score
Not sure if you've seen this thread...
MikeZ. Thanks.. Looking over all that... T

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just a bit to the east of you, and have had to have bodywork done every year. The rear fenders are well-known GM rust magnets. My hood latch looks like yours, too. I just keep spraying Fluid Film on everything.

OP
OP
TerryKing

TerryKing

Reaction score
I'm just a bit to the east of you, and have had to have bodywork done every year. The rear fenders are well-known GM rust magnets. My hood latch looks like yours, too. I just keep spraying Fluid Film on everything.
Hi Charlie, Today Mary Alice power sanded some flat rust areas, while I sandblasted the front hood inside rim. I took left rear inner fender plastic liner off, and power wirebrushed the edge and some inner sections. Need to epoxy one small section rusted out. Then need to sandblast and POR-15. She POR-15'd the flat areas she did.. Another couple coats in the morning. Will wet sand the POR and then prime / paint the exterior parts.

Fluid film the chassis before winter. But I am testing a section with POR-15 to see how it survives a winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo