Tips on winter cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on keeping my kon clean in the winter. The salt spray mixed with snow and slush makes my car repulsive to even drive. Does anyone else have this problem? Mine is dark green too so you can imagine what it must look like after 10 minutes on the road. lol Im obviously not trying to keep it looking great but is there anything I could do to protect it from the salt or any products that keep the stuff from sticking to the side of it?

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Poorboys makes a great wheel sealant for like 20 bucks....but as far as the paint, all I would know is to apply a good paint sealant and maybe layer it with a layer of wax on top or two.

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Poorboys makes a great wheel sealant for like 20 bucks....but as far as the paint, all I would know is to apply a good paint sealant and maybe layer it with a layer of wax on top or two.

Ditto on that. If you can get a few coats of the PB's sealant on the wheels. I like to do the inside of the wheel as well. A good wax for the winter is Collonite 845 by itself or over a sealant.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i run mine throuh the cheap auto wash once a week to knock down most of the dirt and then go back over the whole thing with the meguires quick detail spray and micro fiber rags. cleans up real nice.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys do anything special to your engine/ under carriage for the winter months. I would like to keep my truck as nice as possible (once i find the one I want to buy) and i know that salt sitting down there would wreck havoc on anything down there.

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keeping it clean is the biggest thing. You could always have it Zeibarted but I don't how well that works.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use to have a ziebart but they changed names or went out of biz. Use to have them do all my window tinting, they did great work and had awesome customer service.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
run it up on some ramps once a month and spray it off real well

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the word on waxing your car below 40F degrees? Seems like a dumb question but is it bad to wax in the cold?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx