What would you do? Truck Needs Engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nel2son

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone wanted to run something by everyone to see what they might do, give some input and what not. I have a 2015 Yukon SLE 130k miles, was driving home and the motor shut off on the freeway no check engine lights nothing at all. Pulled off to the side, got it towed home and checked the codes. I got a p0335 Crankshaft sensor issue. I had just put a new HP fuel pump in a month or so ago and everything ran fine. I did have a Misfire on cylinder 8 that would come and go but it would never stick around once the truck warmed up( This had been happening for about 6 months or so ). Once at home I went ahead and tried to start the motor. No crank at all, would not turn over... Fast forward 5 days the dealer has it comes back with needs a new motor. I talked with the tech and he said compression is low and he cant get it started. . . . But it does crank now. Tech states either the timing chain skipped a tooth or stretched. He also thinks it could be spun lifter as well which doesn't equate a new motor that's something I would just do myself with a AFM delete. Any advisement on what it could be? should I get a used motor installed around $8.7k didn't see anyone with the same issues I had or a p0335 in this Gen truck either. BTW the truck is very clean outside and in so on trade in at the dealer I was offered 10k if the motor was fine. sorry for the rant just seeing what other might do in my shoes. Dealer won't take the truck on trade with the motor issue as its too much of a hassle .

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Second opinion. Do not tell next shop wjat dealer said. Do not even say was towed to dealer.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
IF it is an engine, Jasper Reman has remanufactured 5.3 that already have the AFM deleted, FWIW.

(you didn't say what displacement you have)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
res51cue