tire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwfronk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok i hate to ask this so please dont bombard me i have searched high and low and cant find anything for this bodystyle.

I have an 08 LT 4x4 and am in need of new tires and wanted to know whats the largest tire i can run. I have no lift but am also looking at getting a leveling kit.

so what can i run on factory? and largest i can run with a 2" leveling kit?

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for the same answers in another thread. I'm putting on a 2.5/1 leveling kit and want to know the max tire size without rubbing. If I get some answers I'll let you know.. I'll be keeping an eye on your thread also.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when ive bought tires for previous 4x4s ive owned i always ask that question before i decide on wich new tires i buy and ive been told several times the general rule of thumb is that you can usually go two sizes bigger then the factory tire size with out modifying the suspension so they wont rub
for example my 2008 ranger fx4 had P255/70R16 i was able to put 275/70r16s with no trouble on the factory suspension
so depending on how much more actual ground clearence the 2inch kit will determine if you can any more then two sizes

NativH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depends on your wheel size and design. Using the standard Chevy 18" wheel on my '13 Z71, I just went from the stock/lousy Goodyear Wrangler SR-A 265/65R18's to Nitto Terra Grappler 285/60R18 with zero problems. Why in the world Chevrolet would put that tire on a Z71 astounds me, and for that matter, the guys at Discount Tire. They said they yank them all the time, sometimes the day the truck is purchased.

After loading up the Goodyears with mud a few weeks ago in S Texas and them refusing to clear, I yanked them with lots of tread left for the Nitto's that should have been 6-8 months away. I've run in mud twice this week and the Nitto's cleared their tread within about 40 feet of being out of the mud. Perfect.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Anything new? I've read somewhere online that with a 2" in the front, you'd clear 35's. Don't take my word, because I'm soon to put some new rubber on mine but want to be sure they won't scrub. Nothing worse than that noise

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bernhard225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
285/65/18's went on my yukon with no problem. No rubbing at all but I do have the CCM 2.5/1 kit.
noic.jpg

Bernhard225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rim size doesnt matter as long as you get your tire dimensions correct. 305/55/20 is roughly the same size as a 285/65/18. If you google tire conversion calculator, you can input different sizes and see how they compare. The offset on your rims will determine if you rub.

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have gathered it seems like a 33 x 11.5 would be the biggest with little or no rubbing. You may be able to increase the diameter more if you go with a more narrow tire.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Okay. Well let me ask you guys this. If I level the Tahoe out with 3 in the front. .if I went with a rim with a better offset to help scrub issues, could I go with a 35x12.5 w/o scrub. Is that possible or asking too much?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skivvywaver48