Tire Recommendations- 2022 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
I have a 22 Tahoe LT with 14k miles and the OEM Continental tires are already showing substantial wear. They are around 7/32-6/32 left but sometimes I can hear them looking for traction on dry roads when accelerating from a stop into a turn. Little hesitant of this winter, only get occasional snow, but would like to get 6k more miles out of them.

Is anyone experiencing the same tire wear on these OEMs?

What tire is everyone using? Want dry/wet traction, snow and finally quiet ride. I have generally gone with Michelin LTX on my SUVs in the past with good results but did not know what everyone else was going to.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock tires are junk and a terror filled ride on any wet hwy. Michelin's are always a good choice, I personally went with the latest series of Pirellis AS +3, since they were at a substantial discount plus a $100 rebate and ended up being $450 less than comparable Michelins @ Discount tire. Absolutely no complaints and far superior tires. Sam's club, in case you want to know where we got them.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just switched out my stock Bridgestone Alenza at 10k for Pirelli Scorpions on my XL. Very please so far but only a few thousand miles on them.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Michelin Defenders all day... 70K Mile tread and night and day difference over stock tires. I have them on my wife yukon and alenzas on mine and I cannot wait to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2