Tires out of round?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but are your wheel bores the same diameter as your hub bores?
^ this is a possibillity too, I had wheels on my truck at one point that required hub spacers to prevent that from happening.
the hub opening on the rim was larger than the truck hub, not by much but enough that the spacers were needed.
these were just plastic, not to be confused with wheel spacers to make the rear wheels stick out even with the front when a lift is installed.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ this is a possibillity too, I had wheels on my truck at one point that required hub spacers to prevent that from happening.
the hub opening on the rim was larger than the truck hub, not by much but enough that the spacers were needed.
these were just plastic, not to be confused with wheel spacers to make the rear wheels stick out even with the front when a lift is installed.

My Black Rhino wheels are like this. They have a ~120mm wheel bore, and the previous owner had NO concentric/hubcentric spacers installed!

He was relying on the lug nuts to center the wheel to the hub, and the studs to support the vehicle weight....

I found a set that centered the wheel, and would provide support, but they were too thick, so I did a little horse-trading to have a local machine shop skim the faces down.

(I gave my neighbor some gun parts, and he cut down some trees on the shop's property, lol.)

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Black Rhino wheels are like this. They have a ~120mm wheel bore, and the previous owner had NO concentric/hubcentric spacers installed!

He was relying on the lug nuts to center the wheel to the hub, and the studs to support the vehicle weight
Dealt with the same type of issue on a car I purchased w/ aftermarket rims. After some checking, a concentric hub spacer solved the “out of round” tire condition.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Charlie207 I might be dumb in assuming they are, the wheels are OEM chevy wheels and I'm using regular wheel hubs so they should be hub centricing themselves

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following up on this, I took it back to the shop and they said that the wheels had some strange wear on them so they just rotated them and sent me on my way. The ride is a bit better now but still some shimmy. Found out one of my new wheel bearings is bad already so that could be contributing to the shaking.

I found these cracks in the tires yesterday while I was inspecting the wheel bearing, are these normal for 3 year old tires?
IMG_9182.jpg

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following up on this, I took it back to the shop and they said that the wheels had some strange wear on them so they just rotated them and sent me on my way. The ride is a bit better now but still some shimmy. Found out one of my new wheel bearings is bad already so that could be contributing to the shaking.

I found these cracks in the tires yesterday while I was inspecting the wheel bearing, are these normal for 3 year old tires?
View attachment 436019
Sunbaked?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Sidewall damage? Not normal and usually doesn’t happen next to the word “injury”. A run flat will do that but not that close to the rim.

That tire should be good for a prorated replacement or new tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sapientis