Too Lazy to Fix...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tighten an automatic belt tensioner pulley? Lol good luck

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Silverado MAX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THIS! I think I have something in the track, a small rock or something. I notice it goes away when I have it washed. Drives me CRAZY in the drive-through.

Yup.

X2

x2

Co-signed.

My list is a little longer:

My hood tells me it's open when I turn corners or more recently, when I put my turn signal on. It is not open. All connections are good and the latch is tight. Lord knows what delightful problem this is a symptom of. Also, on occasion, it makes a low, almost muffled horn noise at the same time it tells me the hood is open.

I need a new AC belt.

It dumped water all over the driveway last week and while I thought it might be condensation, it's too cold for that, so I think I cracked my windshield washer fluid reservoir. It is now telling me it's low. Figures.

The rattle in the door next to the dash, on the drivers side, and all the damn door locks that rattle on heavy bass songs.

Sometimes autostart doesn't engage right, it turns on for 3 seconds then kills the engine, activating the alarm. My neighbors love me.

Sometimes, not all the doors lock when I lock them.

I need brakes and my brake fluid needs to be topped off. I'm 6K over on my 50K maintenance.

I still have a clunk in my rear.

It needs detailing and I need to get the bumpers touched up. Oh and while we're compiling a list of shit we need to do, I also want Denali 20s.

Talked to my neighbor yesterday, they have an 09, which is identical to mine and they have the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. Isolated electrical issues my ass.

Thank you for this post Peaches and responding to my PM with your hood open message fix. Tightening the loose grounds on both the pass and drivers side near where the frame bolts to the radiator core support fixed my electrical issues:

- hood open message when hood was closed
- dimming headlights, dim back to regular randomly at night mainly the passenger side
- muffled horn sound when pressed
- windshield washer fluid would randomly come out of the nozzle on the wipers without being activated and would continue until the washer fluid tank was emptied unless you cut the vehicle off
- with the vehicle running and the headlights turned off the low beams would give a very very weak light when the efans kicked on

You are awesome!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyCoates12