Top Tier GASOLINE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

napp e roots

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah we have a few stations around here that sell it, mostly Kwik Trip. its kinda rare but has been around for a while. not really sure what the difference is though

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure it makes a difference, I'm sure some will say it does. I have a 02 Saturn that has 238K and I have always burned the cheapest stuff I could find. The only fuel componet failure I have had is the fuel pump at ~150K miles. Nothering else has been touched other than maintenance stuff.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After getting ny black bear performance tune I only run top tier. Justin and I talked extensively about top tier gas and I am sold on it now. It has more cleaning agents and does a better job eliminating deposits.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
When I got a Autocal from Justiin, i was using Getty/Luke Oil gas when i did my logs for him. The first thing he asked me was What kind of gas i used. He was able to tell that brand wasnt as good as using a Top Teir brand Like SHell. I always try to use Shell or similar.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I too have used Speedway gas for most of my vehicles except my 2002 HD Silverado. I use only Shell or BP 93 octane in it. It has a full out 93 octane tune from Wheatley and I rarely drive it so I try and use better gas in it. Everything else has been fine with Speedway; I've never even changed a fuel pump yet. That's interesting that Justin was able to tell.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

When I got a Autocal from Justiin, i was using Getty/Luke Oil gas when i did my logs for him. The first thing he asked me was What kind of gas i used. He was able to tell that brand wasnt as good as using a Top Teir brand Like SHell. I always try to use Shell or similar.

Just wondering how you like your tune from Justin ? Only 5.3 I ever had tuned was years ago from Waitforme. I was just wondering how much of a difference you noticed with your truck. Thanks.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Interesting. I too have used Speedway gas for most of my vehicles except my 2002 HD Silverado. I use only Shell or BP 93 octane in it. It has a full out 93 octane tune from Wheatley and I rarely drive it so I try and use better gas in it. Everything else has been fine with Speedway; I've never even changed a fuel pump yet. That's interesting that Justin was able to tell.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Just wondering how you like your tune from Justin ? Only 5.3 I ever had tuned was years ago from Waitforme. I was just wondering how much of a difference you noticed with your truck. Thanks.

Love it. A 93 tune, with a Sport tcm tune, that removes all Trans reduction with the conjunction of Corvette servo, can make my 22 chip on 1-2 shifts and 2-3 if ground is wet. The Tune really wakes my truck up. YOu wont regret a BB tune

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Sumo is that the tune you run at all times?
The one with no trans reduction?
Does it shift too hard for normal driving?

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it. A 93 tune, with a Sport tcm tune, that removes all Trans reduction with the conjunction of Corvette servo, can make my 22 chip on 1-2 shifts and 2-3 if ground is wet. The Tune really wakes my truck up. YOu wont regret a BB tune

Very cool, now what is the Sport Tcm tune? My '02 2500 will shift super hard but very smoothly if I keep it WOT. But just spirit-ly driving around town it shifts pretty normal.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sumo is that the tune you run at all times?
The one with no trans reduction?
Does it shift too hard for normal driving?

Its actually Torque Management that i meant. TM is part of the programming in the PCM (powertrain control module) that ultimately reduces engine torque when the transmission changes gears. Its purpose it to increase the longevity of the transmission and drivetrain as a whole. the PCM calculates the "Delivered Engine Torque" based on numerous inputs. The PCM then retards ignition timing to reduce engine torque by a predetermined percentage based on the engine's torque output

i run a 87 tune for everyday use and i can run e85 on it. Its everyday driving is perfectly fine, but you notice it on wot. For thr trans tune i keep it on Sport tcm. It makes the shift more firm and peppy. It also has a setting when i hit the tow button it will Remove all Torq mangement, meaning that all will allow me to Chirp wheels. Hard to explain but its a must do Mod.
I have tunes for stock settings, 87,93 octanes, Sport trans, Towing tune for 22 wheels and the same tunes for my winter 17 rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1