Torsion Bar delete for Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My curiosity is wondering if there is any benefit to swap to coils on 33" tires. Would it ride any better?

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
properly picked coilovers with correct spring rates will ride 1000x better than old worn out torsion bars.

one of these days i'd love to run some kings with atomics coilover conversion. these things are heavy duty and bolted to the frame. if your worried weld them in place too. i was also thinking about doing a shock hoop that bolts into the same area for more support. only running 33's so shouldn't be a problem not like i'm taking this thing off any jumps.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the op i think, the coil over threads are not for lowered only tahoes, it just happens to be what those 2 of us are setup right now to be lowered. But if you order the proper coil over shock, you can use it for lifted as well, not only lowered. Just use atomics brackets and your good.

Pretty much just what Matt (above me) stated.

And yes it will ride 100x better than tbars. Ask how i know. ha ha

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lifted application will have a better assortment of coil over shocks available. If you look at what the rock crawler guys use and the off road guys as well. You can go into a remote reservoir shock and still run 2" springs.

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send Tahoewhat a PM also if you are running a 35" tire or bigger it is not wise to switch set ups just FYI.

whats the logic behind that? not trying to be rude just curious i cant see why there would be an issue if you were on 31's or 40's with correct setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts