Torsion Bars/ What are they?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely be careful! but odds are if you do*serous* off roading they will beak anyway

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Bowtie - your comment:

"One thing not to overlook when cranking with new keys or stock....the CV angles when they get too steep they break in 4x4. IFS is very weak on the 1/2 ton trucks so be careful. "

Is there a way to strengthen? Is it weak for driving on the street, mild offroading or only weak for serious offroaders?

I'm trying to gauge just how careful I have to be when I lift my truck.

https://www.rcvperformance.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=36

This is how I fixed my weak CV problem.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
yeah but at about 1k total.....

You can break weaker CV's over and over again and end up paying 1K total over time any ways. Or you can pay 1K at once and not have to worry about it any more. It's like an investment. I got tired of breaking CV's so I upgraded.

Bobster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much lower>

How much can I lower my 1999 4wd Yukon with the "KEYS"?

2" would be great. I can live with less if needed. Still want to pull my camper. Thanks, Bob

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you crank the keys?
sorry i am extremely new and want to level out the front end of my tahoe

where are they located?

yea! the posts would help if we had some pictues or something to go by. i want to lower the front of mine about an inch. its a 96 2 door 4wd

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea! the posts would help if we had some pictues or something to go by. i want to lower the front of mine about an inch. its a 96 2 door 4wd

The short answer is:
Look under your truck until you see these bolts. One bolt for each side of the truck.

Shorter amount of thread left = higher/lifted ride.
picture.jpg

Longer amount of thread showing = lower ride.
picture.jpg

The long answer is:
There are other threads around here that give the exact procedures about adjusting TB's. Might need to use the SEARCH button. I'm too lazy to do it for you right now! :D

BTW: before I get flamed again for the rust, I just bought a quart of por15 this morning. I'm gonna experiment around with it maybe this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100