Totally confused!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Obie One

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok got a 99 tahoe,put a new sending unit in and about 3 weeks later starts running rough check engine light is,read coats check everything in coats running lean random misfire, ok I cange all the things that needed to be changed run Good for a day or two then same thing again, kept not thinking it was the new sending unit never thought about it until I got tired of chasing a ghost, and it was the new sending unit, so I replaced it and then it is running to rich !! Replaced o2 sensors fixed exhaust leaks and now have a hollow sounding knock! Put new cap and roter new plugs and wires and now it won't pull itself??? I give up!
Ok sorry after reading this I couldn't make changes so yes very confusing!! Ok sending unit or fuel pump in the gastank . Nevermind that.
Put my 99 tahoe on a diagnostic machine and everything seems to be right where it should be , fuel trim, tested sensors, timing, everything was within a proper range according to the mechanics opinion, but still running rich,very rich and a random misfire not a real high number of misfires but still misfiring. Still running rough, flashing check engine light, and po300 code it's a new distributor ,new cap and roter new ac Delco platinum plugs and wires. Checked the intake,the EGR . No vacuum leaks found? Hopefully you.can understand this a little better!?
I'm clearly not a mechanic, sorry and thanks !

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, upgraded injectors usually needed after about 15ok miles. Use only Delco.dist caps or a missfire happens quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nissan84