Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3000 miles
not synthetic
ill check dip stick later, but assume its not clean but not black
i have oversized tires and 32 is below the recommended for what i have, but for the manufacturer the most is 80 and im at 42 which is recommended for normal driving.
ok maybe its a 15 footer then, but i know it will fit.

and i have a regular 4.5 drop hitch, think that will be ok?

Yeah you should be fine engine oil wise. Just watch the tranny temp while you drive and make sure it doesn't get too hot.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brent, ur tahoe looks really good. do u have a lift kit? if so what is it. what brand of grille guard is that, it adds a lot to the vehicle.

thanks!

no, just a leveling kit (CCM) - see sig... maybe one day ill do a 4"

its a westin grill guard

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the record, looks like you needed a bigger drop on that ball. Glad it worked for you though!

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the record, looks like you needed a bigger drop on that ball. Glad it worked for you though!

yeah yeah, haha. I have a 4.5" drop and that one is my 3" "in case it gets stolen or someone runs into the back of me" ball. But i forgot to put the other one on and remembered right after we got the car loaded :emotions122: and since the car was dead, no way was i going to regroup just to change the hitch :ehcapt:

deangrell

Reaction score
What does the car being dead have to do with anything? Chock the trailer, put the jack down, and change the ball.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the car being dead have to do with anything? Chock the trailer, put the jack down, and change the ball.

yes, if i had chocks and a jack that could support a 3500lb car + trailer weight then that would work :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts