Transmission Fluid Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inkedin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 02 z71 that I purchased almost a year ago. The previous owners seemed to have kept up on scheduled maintenance, and they gave me their last service receipt, listing all work that was performed. The transmission was flushed at that time. I'm almost to 182,000 on the original transmission, with no rebuild on it. Its getting close to 30,000 since the transmission was flushed and I want to change the transmission filter and fluid. I live in AZ, and we had like a month of 120 straight last summer, and we're still in the 100's, that is why I want to change the filter/fluid at this time. At the same time I'm thinking about installing a vette servo with the longer servo pin. My question is should I put synthetic trans fluid? I was thinking of using Lucas semi-synthetic or B&M trick shift (synthetic). I can't afford Royal Purple. Also, any thoughts on the vette servo with the mileage I have, I really don't want to be buying a new transmission in the near future. I know it will happen eventually, but it seems to work pretty good for now. A couple times last summer it slipped a little, but that was when we were having 125 temps and it only happened when going uphill around 40-45 mph with the a/c running. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925