Transmission in "limp" mode after tune install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000limitedhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed my bbp yesterday and took it for a drive. The tranny was in limp mode the entire time this PCM was installed. I switched the pcms back and my problem went away. I switched the again earlier and the same issues were there. I switched them again and with my factory PCM everything is fine. I checked the fluid and it is good, and nno problems at all with the factory PCM. I've been in contact with Justin from bbp and he is helping a lot. I just want some of you guys out there that might know what the deal is to give your opinion.

Awakened

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is from their website... maybe it applies to you.

Will I need to perform a Crank Relearn procedure with your tune?

Yes, as with all other tunes that involve swapping out the stock PCM for a tuned one that was previously in another vehicle, you will need to perform a crank relearn procedure. Any dealership or shop with a GM Tech 2 or other high end scanner should be able to perform this procedure in under 5 minutes.

Customers that utilize the Scan Cable option will be able to perform this procedure on their own, provided that they have a laptop available to use. This is a potential savings of up to $100, depending on dealership rates. This does not apply to 98-00 Classic Body style trucks and SUVs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cll2