transmission nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
I talked to him Friday he has the trans out and is going to replace the case he thinks it is cracked. sure hope that is it I need it back!

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not good news, but regardless, the follow up will help us learn. Please let us know, I for one am interested to hear the resolution.

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
trans guy called today said he had it fixed. he replaced the case and a encapsulated ball. I picked it up and on the way home the 2-3 flared like always. I called him he said on his test drive it shifted fine. He told me to drop it off at his shop.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:banghead: I'd be at my wits end with this guy if it was me!

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much you can do. You could ask for a refund, or to borrow his truck while he keeps throwing parts at it.
One question, and this might be obvious, but I'll ask it anyway. Did BOTH of you guys go for a test drive, so he knows what you are talking about?
Also: before you drive away, tell him to go for a ride with you.

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
we have test drove it together he knows what is wrong just not how to fix it ....I work late so he was gone when I picked it up.

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
could you pass on a 03 denali xl with light front end damage for $2800?

OP
OP
L

l306x

Reaction score
update- trans guy is out of idea's...... he will give me 1/2 my money back (the labor part) or get a used trans and try that. what do you think ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx