Transmission went BOOM!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM should have NEVER put a week 60e behind anything that is over 4000 lbs, much less 5000 lbs, and expect it to live. The internals of a 60e are about as cheap as used beer cans to mold up and make the parts. Sure, the tune 'could' have helped it, but facts are too many failures among thousands of stock trucks the tranny just goes out. Mine did at 75K and no tune (at the time). I've seen 07-up with no tune loose 3-4th gear. It's just a very weak link in a oversized SUV.
TM is just another way to pull back real power to save the life of the weak links.

Two things you can count on....

Dodge makes a great Cummings motor, tranny's stink.
GM makes good LS based motors, tranny's stink.

Bring back old TH350 anytime now and I'd be happy.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I wonder if its possible to link a 6l80E to a 07 up. since they link it up to the 5.3 in 09 and up vehicles.

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
I wonder if the dealer is gonna install PCM updates or tweak the pressure tables to keep you from coming back thereby erasing your BB tune.

OP
OP
D

DirkDiggler90504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: #2 Well i picked my Tahoe up from the dealer with the new re manufactured transmission in it, The truck drives good but there is a big slip between 1-2. 2-3 feels ok. I guess i will have to put the BB TCM back in my truck ASAP. But all in all i am very satisfied with the service from my dealer.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might mention to dealer service to create a record.

Personally I don't think a reman tranny should go in a truck w/ only 31K mi on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo