Truck Broke, need help....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
OK I noticed thursday that it was weak starting, rest of the day fine, friday morning same story. Every morning it has a weak start, but for the rest of the day is fine. Today usual weak start, but check engine was on. Get out, unhook the battery, restart but notice when I hook the bat up that 2 dings (like door ding) com from the cabin plus a much larger spark from the neg than usual. Ok fine. finish my arrends and its just fine. 20 min ago im going out to get a cup of coffee and a donut from dunkin. Click the remote and nothing happens (no lights go on) I figure, well guess the batt finally died, get in for fun and no interior lights turn on, yup dead bat right, no, starts right up. and then notice it starts to spas out like this. Messeges it displays since some are hard to read.

service 4x4, service air bag, service 4 wheel steer, reduced engine power, un known driver, and driver door open (it was not open). Then the lights go on and off. Here is a vid to see clearer. Still drives ok, but ac wont blow, radio wont turn on, power seats dont work. THANKS A BUNCH!!!

th_yes-10.jpg

OP
OP
Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
quite driving it like a mad man

hey all my other cars take it just fine. why this one?? I did have fun racing a 98 ford mustang gt yesterday though. He was shocked to see a beat up ol truck (his words) beat him from a stop and from 45 mph. I shut down after I passed 105 though. He calls that a win. lol.

OP
OP
Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
he's an idiot.

so are you though for street racing.

It wasnt like the streets were full of moms in their suvs full of kids. It was 11:30 at night out in the country where there is no cars for miles at a time.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you get in a wreck and lose your cell, you're screwed?

smart. :crazy:

just ****** with ya.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Change out your battery, maybe a bigger alternator for your stereo mods.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's what i was thinking, but i wanted to give him a hard time first. thanks Jenna!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Basically your computers lost communication with each other, just need to get more power (not HP, rather amp) to your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24