truck wont go into 3rd or 4th gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2002 has the same problem but when i floor it and it revs up it'll then shift into 3rd but as soon as i let off it down shifts back to second any suggestions??

Probably the same cause, but it's probable to be the torque converter or valves assembly. You need to connect a descent scanner to read the transmission box codes.

mmixon3185

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 chevy tahoe lt and mine wont shift into 3rd either
Just happened yesterday. I had the same problem 2 months. Bought a used transmission and had it put in. It worked fine for 2 months. Started having misfire issues so I fixed the misfire on cyl. 8. Then the transmission started acting up. Need help.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 chevy tahoe lt and mine wont shift into 3rd either
Just happened yesterday. I had the same problem 2 months. Bought a used transmission and had it put in. It worked fine for 2 months. Started having misfire issues so I fixed the misfire on cyl. 8. Then the transmission started acting up. Need help.
IF, big IF you are lucky then it could be just a lazy solenoid, shops usually charge around $250 to change them all and slap it back together, if not then it's rebuild time but generally the only way to know for sure is to take the pan off and inspect.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only other thing I can add is if you were working under the hood, then be sure the maf is plugged in, if it is unplugged it could cause your issue among several others
and as far as that goes double check everything under the hood is plugged in particularly the maf and map sensors

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035